5 Most Important Items to Check on Your AC System after a Hurricane
- 1. Pull any large debris from AC Unit out site of your home
- 2. Check all connections to make sure none have come loose
- 3. Check connection to your home to make sure sealed tight to home as the
heavy winds may have moved the unit from the home
- 4. Check to make sure any drain lines have not been clogged with debris
from the storm
- 5. Once power is restored check AC System checked out by licensed company
for full safe operation.
Damaging winds, flooding, and excessive rain can harm your AC system. With
the current weather we have experienced your AC system may have been effected.
We at The Surfin’ Plumbers, Heating & Cooling want to share
the info about making sure your AC system is safe after the storm.
We're offering this comprehensive air-conditioning tune-up and safety
check for a limited time to our community. All minor adjustments will
be complementary and a full whole home health report of your AC system
will be given at the end.
Normally $129 but now for a limited time only $29, we're not trying
to make money on this special all we ask is that you cover employees wage
so we can help make sure your AC System is safe.
Other Helpful Items to remember after the storm:
- - Make sure to full check out your home for debris that has fallen that
could fill up gutters or other outdoor items.
- - Take pictures of any damage and contact homeowners insurance to get claims started
- - Clean any areas that may have been flooded to prevent mold.
- - If any appliances were flooded make sure to get checked out by professional
to make sure they are safe to operate.
- - If you need assistance cleaning up debris contact agencies assisting
in these efforts, many are assisting those in need.
- - Make sure to get roof checked out as debris may have damaged roof or
may need to be removed.
- - Contact any city official for clogged storm drains to prevent future flooding.